Monday, July 23, 2007

Jeff Mangum: Live At Jittery Joe's

I came across this album today while surfing through a co-workers iTunes library and was baffled as to how this slipped through the cracks for me all these years. Recorded in 1997 and released 2001, this album was released to try and capitalize on eBay sales of bootlegged Neutral Milk Hotel concerts. The sound quality is higher than the typical bootleg but still has a rustic and authentic "live" feel that gives Mangum's voice and guitar the perfect saturation. Here's a cut off the album, one of NMH's classics "Two Headed Boy" complete with baby/child screaming in the background (and the first time the child chimes in it's so perfectly timed, it feels staged.)


1 comment:

Jeff said...

the fact that this slipped through the cracks for you is even more shocking since I talked to you about this album awhile back. At least I thought so. Hm. I have it on CD in my car, it is good.