Monday, July 30, 2007

July Mix - 14. Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)

There isn't a lot to say about this song because it's an obvious pick for the mix. When I heard this album before all of the hype, this was by far the stand out track to me. A classic beginning to what has become a classic album already. I'm not a big fan of their latest effort, but this record will go down as one of the best of the 00's. This will be a good lead in to our last song. Tune in tomorrow for the official final July tracklist. Here's the music video for it:

2 comments:

Mark Adam said...

i can't agree with you more. this album gave me hope in music again! still to this day the looming drums that open Tunnels, makes all the wear of the day disappear and i go on a happier person because of it.

Mark Adam said...

fuck i'm listening to it now...and as all instruments come together slowly, progressively but perfectly i'm tapping my foot and smiling big.