Thursday, November 1, 2007

November 2007

TADA! After a three-plus month hiatus, TapeRock is back just in time for the month of November's mixtape. I apologize to all (two) of you who were looking forward to the August, September, and October installments but we'll start up right where we left off...

This month our mix is going to be made up of songs from L.A. based bands. There are so many great bands that have been a mainstay in our scene out here as well as tons of up and comers. Expect some changes around here in the coming weeks, especially once I get my new computer up and running at home.

Our first song for November has been one of my favorites for a couple months. It's a remix of an L.A. band via a non-L.A. band - so it still counts as local. HEALTH vs. Crystal Castles - Crimewave is the track. HEALTH is a band that's been apart of the L.A. scene for awhile now. Head over to their MySpace if you don't know what they're all about or even read this terrific interview from WeShotJR. This song was the catchiest song of the summer and I'm excited for some of you to hear it if you haven't yet. It's one of those songs that makes you want to hit the Play button once it's over.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

YAY, YOU'RE BACK!

I thought by the e-mail I got from blogspot, that I was up for guest blogging and I already wrote my own intro for a November mix.

But even better Jim's back.

That said, at some point, let me do my mix. You'll love it. Trust me.

zachary said...

everything wrong is right again. thanks taperock!

and screw that navbar