Thursday, May 17, 2007

Vintage Bright Eyes Thursday


This week's Bright Eyes video comes from one of the 2003 Lifted tours. This is probably my favorite live video of this song, because it came in the heyday of the Bright Eyes live show. This was still when they made a living with constant tours and weren't afraid to break out the back catalog. I especially love the energy when the chorus hits around the 2:15 mark. "The Calendar Hung Itself" is great with tension and release with how the verse's restrained percussion allows for the explosion of the snare in the chorus - and this video is a great display of this duo.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I do look forward to Vintage Bright Eyes Thursdays. Can I reccomend the ACL version of "Waste of Paint" for a future week?

Since you won't use any of my 3/4 suggestions, that would at least make me feel loved.

Unknown said...

I think I just saw a tumbleweed go past your old desk.

Unknown said...

I've never seen your old desk, but I did see the Lifted tour. back when Conor still spit into the crowd during "lover i dont" and played on top of his van after shows... the only reason that's cool is because he doesn't do it anymore I guess. I love these vintage thursdays!