Monday, June 25, 2007

Coming Attractions: The National

Music blog darlings, The National, are rolling into L.A. tomorrow for a sold out show at the El Rey. The quintet claim Brooklyn, but everyone knows they're from Cincinnati (Hey if I were from Cincinnati, I wouldn't claim it either - but it is kind of a shame to rob Ohio from some music notoriety.) If you don't have tickets to tomorrow's show, NPR is offering the next best thing - last week's stream of their entire set in Washington D.C. Their latest release, Boxer, has been receiving overwhelming reviews from everywhere. I have yet to jump on this bandwagon, but I've always really liked their first album, Alligator, so maybe someday I'll finally get around to hearing what all the hype is about. You can check out the NPR stream by clicking here.

No comments: