Friday, June 22, 2007

New Bright Eyes Video: Hot Knives

Bright Eyes has released a new video today for the song "Hot Knives." To be honest, I'm rather surprised at this choice for the second single off Cassadaga. This is one of the weaker songs off the album, and I'm even more surprised to read that Stereogum is calling it a "standout." I guess then it's fitting that the video is kind of lame as well. I'm never a big fan of videos that only feature live footage of the band playing the song - the format seems to allow for so much more creativity (see my post below about the Bats For Lashes video if you want to see a visual concept.) I've really been trying hard to like this new album - and there are definitely some great tracks on it - but I don't think this is one of them. I'm still really pumped for the Hollywood Bowl show and I hope to god he pulls out some back catalog with that symphony. Oh well, you can check out the video for yourself:

2 comments:

s. clark said...

I was a bit "meh" about the new album too but I went to see him in columbus again and man... the magic is still there. get excited.

WhitFrom said...

his hair is fucking nasty