Thursday, May 10, 2007

Coming Attractions: Crystal Castles

Crystal Castles, another Toronto band that is turning some heads is due to stop in Los Angeles on May 26th at the Echplx. Named after She-ra's castle (not the classic arcade game) the band consists of two members who know how to pump out the jam. I checked out some of their live vids on YouTube and to be honest a couple of them looked kind of lame - but with the right crowd and atmosphere (and the right amount of alcohol) I think this could have the ingredients for a great time. Check out this song called "Lovers Who Uncover." They don't have anything that appears to be an official website so for more tunes click over to their MySpace.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was actually just listening to these guys last week, I thought it was pretty fun stuff.
also check out My Park for a more industrial sound along the same lines.

Unknown said...

also.. check out the song "xxzxczx me" from CC, it's like all samples from NES megaman games.

I vividly remember opening and closing the menu screen on megaman3 for a similar (though less sweet) effect back when I first played it. ROCK N ROLL!!

James said...

yeah that one was the first i heard... it's funny that they are intent about people not being confused about where their name comes from, but all their music sounds like old arcade games.