Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Where Are They Now? - DFA '79

When Death From Above 1979 broke up a couple years ago, I was heartbroken that I never had the chance to see them live. Instead I've had to settle for live YouTube clips (which are still pretty cool.) So lately, I've been wondering what the duo are up to now. Bassist Jesse Keeler has been keeping himself busy with labelmate electronic duo MSTRKRFT. He even reworked a couple DFA classics under this moniker for the remix album, Romance Bloody Romance. Drummer/vocalist Sebastien Grainger has been keeping a little more under the radar with his solo project. He hasn't announced a release date, but a few tracks have found their way onto MySpace. He did a couple of opening gigs for Bloc Party's latest jaunt and has successfully teased fans (myself included) as to when the full length will come out. Check out his instrumental track "The Rhythm Method":




No comments: