Thursday, June 7, 2007

Can I Get a Goddamn Timpani Roll?


So Pitchfork beat me to posting this scoop, but I was able to get my presale tickets before the throngs of P4K readers grabbed them all up. Bright Eyes has announced yesterday that they will be playing the Hollywood Bowl with the LA Philharmonic Orchestra in September. Multi-instrumentalist Nate Walcott will be providing all of the arrangements as this will be the first time Bright Eyes has ever attempted something like this. It comes closely after the LA Phil are scheduled to play with the Decemberists, so I hope that this becomes a Hollywood Bowl Series. Indie band + orchestra + The Hollywood Bowl = a great night for any music fan. This date is currently the only U.S. date that Bright Eyes has scheduled after returning from a summer jaunt in Europe for the Cassadaga tour. I wonder if they'll haul out some of the back catalog for this special event ("Let's Not Shit Ourselves", "False Advertising?"). For now check out this old music video for "Bowl of Oranges" and just imagine an 88 piece behind it:

No comments: