Friday, June 8, 2007

Coming Attractions: Menomena

This show has kind of snuck up on me. I think some of the disappointment from missing their last show at the Echo has carried over, but Tuesday's show at the Troub might make up for it. I've read that their live instrumentation is unparalleled and just a sight to see, so I'm pumped to see that for myself. If you have tickets to this show, consider yourself lucky - it sold out in only a few days - and their last L.A. performance was impossible to get into (We tried sneaking in the back alley to no avail.) I'm expecting to hear more of their debut material now that they aren't touring specifically for the newer release. For now, check out this amazing live video of theirs recorded for "Juan's Basement" in Brooklyn. This Juan dude has one of the coolest gigs in the world apparently hosting his favorite bands in his basement. The song is called Muscle 'n Flo off the new Barsuk release Friend and Foe.


If You Go: Tuesday, June 12th. Menomena @ The Troubadour, 10pm. Doors at 8pm. All Smiles (with members of Grandaddy open at 9pm.)

No comments: