Friday, June 8, 2007

Wilco Set to Bring Some Sky Blue Sky to L.A.

Wilco HeadQuarters has just announced the second half of Tweedy and Co.'s summer tour. I figured there had to be a West Coast jaunt to the Sky Blue Sky fun, but the initial tour listing had me a little worried. While we will be missing out on Low's opening stints from the first half, Wilco is usually known for bringing along worthwhile opening acts. The lone Los Angeles date is scheduled for August 29th at the Greek Theatre. No word yet about when tickets go on sale, but you may as well get your mouse clicking finger ready because this one is going to sell out in minutes. It seems like I've been getting a lot of presale opportunities here at work lately, so I'm gonna see if I can hook that up. With all this "sellout" hubbub going on about the new VW ads featuring Sky Blue Sky tunes, I'm glad to see some newsworthy Wilco headlines for a change. The countdown to August begins! For now check out this video of "What Light" from Sky Blue Sky:


Do you think that they'll play California Stars with it being at an outdoor venue and all?

No comments: