Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June Mix - 9. Blink 182 - Rock Show

If I believed in guilty pleasures, I would say Blink 182 might go down as my all-time top guilty pleasure. But I won't apologize for being in love with their brand of smart pop and their lack of pretense. Their entire catalog reminds me of the summertime, from early Warped Tours, to Blossom Music Center concerts. This song especially reminds me of summers past- for the obvious lyrical nod and the overall theme of being young and stupid and going to shows. It was the first single off of Take Off Your Pants, which was probably my least favorite of all their releases, but I think it's the song that best represents this band for our theme. We used to say that we had to grow up when Blink broke up, and then they did. Damn! Check out the video for it:

No comments: