Thursday, June 21, 2007

New Bat For Lashes Video - What's A Girl To Do


The concept behind this video is the reason why music videos are still worth doing. It's a simple idea, and it's pulled off extraordinarily. I might also be impartial to the Donnie Darko influences as well as the "all-in-one-shot" concept. It keeps the viewer (i.e. me) captivated, instead of breaking the moment with an edit. I don't really know a lot about British songwriter Natasha Khan AKA Bat For Lashes, but from what I've read she's praised by the likes of Jarvis Cocker, Devendra Banhart and Thom Yorke. Everything I've heard from her is kind of a mishmash of retro style and feeling with modern instrumentation. The video is directed by Dougal Wilson and it's for the upcoming single called "What's a Girl to Do."

No comments: