Friday, June 15, 2007

Dan Deacon - Best Show of the Summer?


I hope that I'm not building this show up to something that it can't possibly live up to, but I haven't been this excited to see someone perform in years. Dan Deacon is coming through L.A. this weekend at the pinnacle of his hype machine (I've read countless arguments of genius vs. retard) - and videos like this one back up the claim of genius. Known more for his live performances and crowd participation than his actual recordings, the Deacon live show has been built up as one of those, "yeah I was there" type moments. I've seen all the pictures, all the videos, and read all the reviews, and tomorrow it's finally time to get drunk and dance with this guy. This video is crappy quality but it's the most recent one I could find that showcases not only how fun this is going to be, but also how incredibly bad some people are at dancing. And the best part about it- no one seems to care.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

haha dan deacon... I'm glad he's kept it up all these years. let that be a lesson to all: don't give up until pitchfork says you're cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dan Deacon at the EchPlex on Saturday. I was there! Just kidding, but I was. It was a hoot and a half. Read about it here on artofstarving, if you'd like.

Thanks for that video too, I've been scouring the tubes and I hadn't seen that one yet. Gracias.

You're right, the best part is that he encourages terrible, terrible dancing. It seems that the worse you dance the more you fit in, and that's great for us two-left-feets. Oh, and the fact that that girl felt comfortable dancing in her bra. That was cool.

Anonymous said...

Was it the best show of the summer? (well so far at least!)

Christina said...

I definitely took that video. Yeah, the quality is pretty awful, but I don't have much to work with. Did you see him yet?