Thursday, June 14, 2007

June Mix - 7. Ween - Bananas and Blow

This song comes from Ween's seventh full length album, White Pepper. Bananas and Blow will always have a place in my heart - maybe because it was a staple at our college parties, or maybe it was because I saw it live under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs and thought I was transported to a Caribbean paradise where all Ween fans apparently moved their arms wildly, yet expertly, in the air at the EXACT same time and tempo. This happened during the "Whoaaaa-ohhh" part - obviously. Either way, this song is a great vacation tune. Even with its tongue-in-cheek genre parody(?), the pair pull it off masterfully - and besides the inane lyrics - this song is really skilled and spot on. But from what I've gathered from this duo, that goes for pretty much everything they do. Thanks Colin for suggesting this one - this should wrap up Side A quite nicely. Check out this live vid of it. This was the best one I could find - the audio doesn't match up with the video in true YouTube form, but it sounds okay. I did find a lot of banana blowjob clips as well if you're into that.

No comments: