Monday, June 11, 2007

June Mix - 4. The Alkaline Trio - 5-3-10-4


Chicago's The Alkaline Trio will always remain one of those summer bands that I group into the Blink 182/Green Day outdoor arena tours that would come around every year of my high school existence. This particular song is my personal favorite from their second full length release, Maybe I'll Catch Fire. When Whitney suggested I put an Alk3 song on the summer mix, I wanted to use something from the Vagrant Records debut, From Here to Infirmary - but this one from their earlier career is a great one to blast out the car speakers. I've read that the song is about doing drugs (aren't all of them?) and the song title was some sort of code that singer/songwriter Matt Skiba used. With the Warped Tour so closely linked to summertime (at least in my memory), be assured that this isn't the only pop-punk anthem you'll find on the June Mix.

1 comment:

WhitFrom said...

Alkaline Trio equals summer for me. Sad, but true. Thanks for this!