Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Editors' New Release - An End Has a Start

After buying into the hype last year about Editors' first release, The Back Room, I ended up being pretty entertained. I had been getting kind of sick of the Interpol impersonations with every other new band coming out trying to mimic Paul Banks' deadpan delivery and my first impression was that Editors fell right into this. After a couple more spins though, I realized they had more to offer in their songwriting than a She Wants Revenge type band. I like that they play a lot with verse/chorus dynamics and usually pay off a good breakdown/build up. For their sophomore record, An End Has a Start, I have high expectations that they will be able to continue the tight rope act of channeling their influences into a fresh sound instead of falling into the trap of too well tread territory. The first single, titled "Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors" has been out for about a month now. From what I can hear in this song and what I've read, An End Has a Start should be an engaging and interesting release. Check it out for yourself:
Stream: Editors - Smoking Outside the Hospital Doors (MP3)

No comments: