Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Band You Need to Know: The Teeth

So, (to borrow a D. Deacon phrase) I really shit the bed in the New Releases department this week. But as far as I'm concerned the only release this week that matters is You're My Lover Now by The Teeth (sorry to all of you R. Kelly fans.) The Teeth, who are a Park the Van Records staple make music that is fun, gritty, and their own unique throwback style. Over the past year or so, I've fallen in love with the Park the Van aesthetic with bands like The Teeth, Dr. Dog, and The National Eye. All of these bands have their own one-of-a-kind sound to them. For the past few months, their MySpace has been streaming a couple of the new tracks, and I have been impressed. Check out this standout track called "Ball of the Dead Rat." They are slated to play the Echo with Dr. Dog(!) on July 12th.



No comments: