Thursday, May 31, 2007

Modern Cover Songs - Moscow Coup Attempt


This is a cover of the Joanna Newsome song, "The Sprout and the Bean." This is the song that introduced me to Joanna Newsome and it's still one of (if not my most) favorite of her tracks. This cover by Moscow Coup Attempt is pretty spot on. Vocals are sang by Vera Ostrova and she does a good Newsome impression. I almost wish that the vocals would have gone in a different direction than emulating the original (like Colin Meloy's version of Bridges and Balloons), but overall I'd say it works pretty well. The video is either really poignant or just artschool drivel, I haven't figured it out - but I always love hearing covers of modern songs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds good. I remember when I signed up for myspace a while ago I stumbled upon there page. I dig there stuff.