Thursday, May 31, 2007

May Mix - 15. Sufjan Stevens - The Transfiguration

So this is the final song for May, and it comes by way of Mr. Sufjan Stevens. I already had a different song planned for the finale of the mix, but I was listening to Seven Swans yesterday driving home from work (since Sufjan has been in the news lately.) I realized that my favorite song on the album is in 3/4 timing and it just so happens to fit in our slot nicely. "The Transfiguration" is a slow building song that starts off with solo banjo and ends with a plethora of Sufjan instrumentations - the perfect endcap. The mix will be presented in .zip format for easy downloading (I'll provide a link tomorrow once I upload it,) burned CD's for people that prefer a hard copy, and of course cassette tape for those who really mean business. I don't mind mailing a few out, so let me know if you're too lazy to make your own hard copy.

No comments: