Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New Kanye West - Can't Tell Me Nothin'


I've been reading a lot of haters talking shit about this song, but I kind of like it. Yeah, it's probably a poor choice for his first single, but I think it showcases a lot of the reasons I (and lots of other people) like Kanye. It has a sweet sample and beat, heartfelt lyrics that are a tad preachy but still relevant, and it has that patented Kanye swagger. The only thing I have with this single is that it isn't more upbeat and energetic. But I remember feeling the same way about Diamonds a couple years ago, and then Golddigger blew my mind, so I have faith. This is making me really pumped for Graduation to hit stores.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/forkcast/43237-kanye-west-ft-peter-bjorn-and-john-young-folks-mp3

haha i don't really know what to say about this